Wednesday, June 22, 2005

You've Got Mail!

I watched this movie probably when I was in my Engineering! When Tom Hanks is paired with Meg Ryan, I can be sure of one thing - not to bother about the story! It will be awesome! This movie, was more than awesome, it was SPLENDID with all caps ;) .
From the opening score that crooned.. "Dreams are nothing but the wishes and a wish is just a dream.. wished to come true... " to the final scene where Brinkley tugs on Tom's blazer, the movie was adorable in every sense!
The playful zest of Meg Ryan, the funny and witty Tom Hanks.. wonderful script and a taut editing that never leaves the storyline hanging at any point! Ah! It's a movie to relish. And I did relish it too.. have lost count of how many times I have watched it.
Isn't internet a fascinating thing?! Billions of people all over the world, connected to eachother, oblivious from one another, yet somehow affecting our lives in some minute way.... responding to our feelings and emotions, identifying themselves in us, somehow everyone becomes so close when we realize this! The thing that fascinates me the most is the mystery that surrounds this whole business of internet communication ala email, chat, etc. The persons we meet, converse, mail, seem to become a part of us without either one of us ever meeting eachother in person! Is it good or is it not?! I don't wanna answer that question, and it isn't my purpose here too! All I wanna do is.. share the excitement one feels when someone emails us... a someone... who we feel isn't someone!

"I'll say goodbye
to all my sorrows and tomorrow
I'll be on my way...
I guess the Lord Must be in New York City..... "

9 comments:

Arun D. Sathish said...

Dude what is the secret of your energy. Don't tell me its Boost. I won't hats off to your patience in writing all these (just kidding!!)

Manjesh said...

ninna secret.na rahasha ajji lehya anta heLbeDa ;)

inneshTu sarti baruttO mail.u :(

Kishan said...

Well, when you mentioned about Tom Hanks, it just struck me that he is casted in "The Da Vinci Code" to act as Robert Langdon.Waiting to see that movie!

And the second part of your blog, I keep waiting for mails,replies in KA, and Comments in my blogs...Also I share your feeling that Internet has brought people closer.

Demon said...

Manjesh , whenever you come on this site tell me what "Rahasha" means.

Demon said...

majesh what does Rahasha mean?

Praveen said...

@Demon: dude its not Rahasha.. its Rahasya = secret.

Demon said...

hey buddy , i belive i didnt mention your name..rather i mentioned Manjesh. besides..look at his comment you will see it's spelled "Rahasha" and i need to know what it means. this is why i am here-duh..why would i come here on this site -look at my "about me" it will explains everything..and it will correct you for callin me (dude)
*rollin eyes*

Praveen said...

@Demon: Tsk Tsk... given the gigantic task that you have taken upon yourself to unravel the mysteries of rahasha.. all I'd like to tell you is all the best.
Now that said, and the niceties done with, let me draw your attention to the fact that what Manju has written is a typo - he typed rahasha instead of rahasya.
So DUH... if u still are boggled.. I suggest that you write to Manjesh (I guess u do(UH) know where u can find his email) and hope that he will resolve your cosmic queries.

Anonymous said...

dEMOn

duh..smartie i did go to his page, but i cant open the window when i click on his "email" anyways. it's nice of you to stay up to 5:00 AM to draw my attention about a typo. well then no need for my stay here, fairwell.

and if u think this is a "gigantic task" then you really dont need to add that in your comment, know why? because you abviously dont know who i am. i feel sorry for you.