Thursday, January 05, 2006

I guess the Lord Must be in NYC!!

And yes, he was!! On the 29th and 30th of December! So that should answer the queries of all those who wondered if I was murdered by the fans of Himanshu Malik! Well not quite! I was out celebrating my life, in the East Coast of U S of "A"!! (remember Om puri doing this quoteable style in "Bollywood Calling"?)
I visited New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Washington DC and Atlanta!! Thanks to friends who get jobs in these celebrated places and give us an excuse for haunting them! My visit to Manhattan was nothing short of SUPERB! The ride on the ferry over the Atlantic Ocean (from Staten Island to Manhattan), with the gusts of the wind crashing into me, filled me with the energy and vigor of the mighty waters! I could smell the enthusiasm of the city that never sleeps! It is a feeling of experiencing the joy of life that enraptures one's heart when they set foot into such places, be it in any part of the world!! Walking through Times Square, watching the faces of the people, made me want to stand still and savor it forever! The people who brushed against me, who shoved me, or pushed me, were not celebrities! I do not remember their faces, I do not know them! They had a life parallel to mine, one that I am unaware of! Their lives are complete with their joys and sorrows, worries and fears, and yet in that moment of touch, a transverse was drawn that connected us! The festive celebration to invite a new year, full of hopes and assurances! The smiles we exchanged, the happiness we shared during that momentary eye contact, made a celebrity of one another!
I was happy and satisfied at my commonness! I cherished the earthly bonding of the people around me! I was happy to be there and thankful to my friends who were with me! I know you will read this, and will feel happy. That is what makes this worthwhile to write! Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

somethin' is missin'....snaps elli.ashTu cennAgiro places beauty bari padagaLallashTeno sigodu blog OdOrige.

Manjesh said...

NYC - can't get bigger than this!
Long long ago i traveled from "Little Apple" to "Big Apple" n I felt the same ;)

I concur with jaya... photos kaLsu.

Chandan V said...

Wow, I guess u are having real fun there dude. What cld be more enjoyable then visiting places. And yes, We wld love to see the snaps uve captured out there.

Anonymous said...

:)

u know who