Thursday, May 18, 2006

Dedicated to Kishan!

After reading the recent post by Kishan. I was left thinking for sometime, basically wondering whether to write a comment right there, or else make a separate post of it. Now knowing that most of Kishan's posts really make me want to respond to in length, I decided for the latter. Well to sum up he writes about expectations and reality. Something that is often said as "Man proposes but God disposes". Now whether things are predisposed to follow a certain pattern that is ordained for a greater good is a matter steeped in obscurity. It is upto the individual perception whether to trust in it or not.
My take is, as long as one is to live this life, why not make the best of what is given. I have this beautiful poem on a frame, on the table-top. It has sustained in times of good and bad, and in response to Kishan's post, I'd like to dedicate this to him. Here it goes.
I asked for strength
And God gave me difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for wisdom
And God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for prosperity
And God gave me brawn and brain to work.
I asked for courage
And God gave me dangers to overcome.
I asked for love
And God gave me troubled people to help.
I asked for favours
And God gave me opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted,
And everything I needed.
My prayer has been answered.

3 comments:

Kishan said...

Praveen, Thanks For Dedicating this one for me.

more resposnse from my side to come...

Anonymous said...

Yeah,we don't have right to complain about God because he is not responsible for what we get.Here is something which might just take thoughts to another dimesion.

Broken Dreams
As little children bring their broken toys in tears for us to mend
I brought my broken dreams to God because he was my friend
Instead of leaving Him to work alone I hung around and tried to help in ways that were my own
Finally I took them back and said "God, yow could you be so slow?"
He said "what could I do my child, you never did let go."
-Anonymous

Kishan said...

Praveen! I read your post again and again! But I failed to understand the relation......

In my post, I just pointed out, how expectations and reality differ and most of the times, the reality happens for one's own good.

Please can you tell me how you are trying to relate this...
Am I missing something?