Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Midnite Musings...

It is the middle of the nite, 2 : 14 AM.. and am sleepless in Wichita! The fact of the matter is that I slept early, and woke up in the middle of the night, and realized that I was thinking of someone! How often does this happen? The feeling of missing someone so close, its so intense, I can hardly breathe!
I turned 26 on 19th of March! Several wishes, several greetings, parties, treats, gifts, and all that jazz! I got up and looked at all of 'em once again. So many relationships.. some old.. some new! Friends since my school and pre school days... friends just a few months old.. relatives, family.. wishes from everyone! A few so special, that they made me feel so blessed for being me! I feel blessed for having them in my life!
It was supposed to be spring in Wichita! Surprisingly enough, its freezing outside! Rained continuously for 2 days, and even snowed heavily in parts of Kansas! The weather too seems to be revolting against man! Giving warning signs of his over exploitation. The heart thinks otherwise! Did someone send forth this coldness?
Sunday, I returned to RJing after a sojourn for almost 6 months. Not many of my readers here may know that I am also an RJ. The return was indeed welcomed, and got really good responses too! There is something to be said of human connection! It's just a voice, of a person many haven't even seen, or have no idea of! And yet, it somehow touches you! The feedbacks were heartening!
Got a whole lot of work coming up in the next couple of weeks. A couple of important things of my life will be decided in the forthcoming weeks! Am I tense?Strangely, I have no idea of it! Is it that I have become numb to such feelings?
I just wish.. that my mind would stop thinking for a moment, and be still. I guess I'll try to lull it to sleep somehow...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, belated birthday wishes. I wish you a grand year ahead!!!

Well, I was awake at 2:14 AM too, the difference is that I never slept. Closeness brings distance, happiness has a way of mergining in tears and I have lost the vision to distinguish between confidence and insecurities. Then, there was that tiny bright star in the sky. I was staring at it for such a long time. I hope that star peeks in every night.

Praveen, well written piece. It didn't make me think, it made me smile.

Kishan said...

Good to know that you'r back to Rjing. keep it going.

I too think relationships are precious.

coming to sleep, I too have started having "Sleepless nights" these days...i dont know why!

and wishing yo all the best for those important decesions in your life!

Chandan V said...

I'm bit late. Anyway its never too late. Belated wishes praveen. Is it possible for u to podcast ur RJing sessions, so that we cld listen to you here.

Praveen said...

@Chandan: You can listen to the radio even in Bangalore too dude! the website name is www.kannadaaudio.net

@pungent_mustard: Thanx dude.