Monday, June 12, 2006

Hitting a Century and a Tag!!

The ball has been passed down from Disha to Manju. Manju is eyeing Praveen very intently. The crowd awaits with baited breathe! It's a turning point in this blog match, and its the clash of the titans! Manju wants to throw a yorker completely baffling the batsman, and embarassing him into accepting 6 of his most weird facts! The ball comes rolling down the air making a swishing noise.. Praveen swings the bat, and the ball is swung into the high air with one swift move! Praveen is standing still! Following the trajectory of the ball! Manju follows it intently looking forward to catching the ball and throwing Praveen out of the match, thus gaining the vantage point in this series! There goes the ball.. higher and higher.. and Oh God! What a moment! What a glorifying moment!! The ball has clearly crossed the boundary into the seatings, bouncing over 6 other peoples whose names I guess we will be disclosing shortly! Oh! What a shot! And Praveen has now hit his century!!!! A momentous day in the life of "Soliloquies in Hiding!" The 100th Post by Praveen! And that resulted by the tag of Manju!! *claps *claps *claps!! The bowler acknowledges the feat! Manju and Praveen are seen hugging (The Awwwwwwwwww moment from Karan Johan Productions! Its a Kodak moment rite there!) *hugs *hugs *hugs.. the crowd is going hysterical! More Roaring ovations! Praveen gracefully acknowledges it all!
And now coming to the details of the tag.... most of us, including me, are accused of being involved in a scam equally scandalous as that of those pesky emails that prophecize luck or wealth or happiness if we pass on the mantra, or the saying, or the quotes to a bunch of people. Even more annoying are certain emails that test our friendship by the facts of whether or not we forward the email back to the person who sent it to us!! My Oh My! What hard days friendship hath had to endure! Now that our esteemed self has been tagged by the esteemed self of Manju!I am left with no other option but to embarass myself with these idiosyncracies of me! And lemme tell you, the first person I hear sniggerin', gawking, snorting and giggling will find the vertical protrusions lining the frontal section of their mouth strategically dislocated or displaced and randomly distributed over a vast area following poission distribution. ********* A small
pause to let the idea sink into the itsy bitsy you know what of my detractors *********
Now that being said, and everyone being happy.. here goes the list!
6. I like to eat my mom made goodies by stealing it in the middle of the night, rather than take it directly from her whenever she offers.
5. I would add sugar to even sambar/rasam when no one is looking.
4. I sing and dance when no one is looking or atleast when I feel that no one is looking.
3. I always want my table set in a certain way, my clothes folded in a certain way, and am very possessive of the plate I eat in. People are absolutely welcome to share my food, but not my dinner plate at the time of dinner.. well I guess u got the hang of it!
2. I hate slurping sounds and chewing with the mouth open. And when no one is around, I try to imagine situations with people, and practice my expressions/emotions in front of the mirror!
1. I like to keep checking my fridge ever so often, even though I know its empty, in hope of a miraculous appearance of delicacies out of nowhere!
And that being said, I may also point out that.. whatz that? What did u say?! Oh No!! No sireee.. I do not want to go through any psychological testing to understand the underlying and inherent reasons behind this kindof behavior! And rather in strict compliance of the rule that when one is embarassed, he must also try to embarass the others present around him.. I would like to take this wonderful opportunity to tag the following 6 scapes!
1. Chandan
2. Velu
3. Harsha
4. Praveen Mayakar
5. Ridgeet Roy
6. Giridhar
uhahahahaha... Mogambo Khush Hua!!

7 comments:

enigma said...

Congratulations!!!! on your 100th post.. My!!! this is quite a journey..
....Hoping for more centuries!!! Great going!

Praveen Mayakar said...

Do you get the man of the match for this one?

100 is a big number dude. It shall take me months to read all your posts.Whether i will or not, time will say, however your verbiage is truly appreciated and the juvenile thoughts give me the inspiration.

One thing I always wanna do and want others to do is... Inspire and get inspired...you are going on the right lane,good, but beware sooner i shall honk you from behind for i shall try to overtake.ha ha ha

BTW...Those who have got tagged (including me) we have actually been scaped! :-O

Kishan said...

nice one praveena!

Movie Mazaa said...

Woah!!
That kinda made my day!!!
(bows, kneels and rolls over)

BIG HUG on the 100th post!!

(sighs and murmers) Got such a long way to go!!

:)

Movie Mazaa said...

Yeah.. now I might be an ignoramus, as far as these techno terms go. :(

How do I "respond" to a tag??

Wud u plz stop laughing, and let me know the details??
:)

Anonymous said...

hey..congrats on the centuary!the metaphor u used was good..i felt that it should be used by a person who is a hardcore cricket fan...Iam sorry iam not an expert but that was my feeling..what do u think?

Chandan V said...

The tag has been answered, Finally.