Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Through a poet's eye!

From a long time, there was this urge in me to write a poem, in Kannada, titled "megha sandesha" - a letter through the clouds! I tried many times to write this, which resulted in the premature end of many pages lives! They are all now cursing me in the trash can! Well.. tragic as it may seem.. an interesting thing is also happening!
The day I decided to write this poem, the clouds arrived to Wichita! And since then, they are lingering here, showering what seems to be their discontent at my lethargy and impaled imagination! I would like to believe, inspite of what meteorologists have to claim, that these clouds are indeed here for me! Albeit, probably the reason that I haven't yet written the poem, may be that I still do not have a loving heart to address it to!!! Should I allow my imagination itself to conjure up one of 'em?! I dunno!
Anyways, here is what I have in mind about what the poem would sound like..
"Ashaada" is the month of rain, and usually no marriages are done during that season. Soon after Ashadha comes "Shraavana". There is the young man, whose marriage has been arranged with his sweet heart. The month of Shraavana is fast approaching the the last clouds of the Ashaadha are about to depart. The young man, sends these rain clouds to the place of his sweet heart as his messengers, and beseeches them to dress up the girl, and have her prepared for the wedding, as he is to arrive there soon, and thus end the days of separation!
He specifies how he wants his bride dressed up! He also cautions them to cover the full moon, lest he cast an eye on her beauty and scorch her beautiful skin!
*deep sighs*... well, so runs my imagination.. I better write the poem soon.. it has again started to rain outside!!!

4 comments:

Kishan said...

Wah! Wah! Bege Bariyappa! Anna!

Anonymous said...

kishan heliddu correctu ... bega bariyappa...illa andre trash can jyote ge naavu ninna baiiko tevi!

Cook-curry Nook said...

Seems like Wordsworth himself has transcended through the rain-laden clouds to inspire you to write such a poem...weaving around nature so! We're all waiting with bated breathe to see through the Poet's eye! Don make the wait a long one! :D

Manjesh said...

ravi kaaNaddu kavi kaMDa
kavi kaaNaddu nam pavi kaMDa


(tumba hogaLbitte ansutte *confused* )